Along with the City of Berkeley, the Rent Board has transitioned to a new website.
You can now find us at rentboard.berkeleyca.gov. The site is designed to help you find what you need faster, with information grouped under six main categories:
- Services: Information about service hours, counseling, mediation, outreach, events, and more.
- Rights & Responsibilities: Learn about landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities under the Rent Stabilization and Eviction for Good Cause Ordinance.
- Elected Rent Board: Meet the elected Rent Board, find information about Rent Board and committee meetings, and read the agency’s budget and the latest news.
- Laws & Regulations: Read the text of the Rent Ordinance and Rent Board Regulations here. You can also find information about City of Berkeley ordinances that affect rental units, like the Fair Chance and Tenant Protection Ordinances.
- Forms & Reports: Rent Board forms and templates, petition forms, and recent reports.
- Resources: Resources for tenants and landlords within the City of Berkeley and beyond.
We hope you’ll look around and become familiar with the new features and design. We know change takes time to adjust to, so here are links to commonly accessed pages and some new pages you may find helpful.
- Annual General Adjustment (AGA)
- Security Deposits
- Rent Board Meetings
- Rent Board Committees
- Housing Counseling
- City of Berkeley Ordinances Affecting Rental Properties
- Unit Information Lookup: Learn about looking up public information in the Rent Board’s new database
- COVID-19 Information for Tenants & Landlords: Includes information about the City of Berkeley’s eviction moratorium and rent relief
- Rent Control 101: Includes links to the Guide to Rent Control and information on renting in Berkeley