Late payments will result in a 100% penalty on any outstanding fee balance!
At its July 21, 2022 Regular meeting, the Rent Board adopted an amnesty period that allows for the waiver of all late-payment penalties if accounts are paid in full by September 30, 2022, in cases of COVID-19 financial hardship and where a property account has been identified as needing an administrative correction. Rent Board Adopts Amnesty Period for Late Payment of Fiscal Year 2022-23 Registration Fees
UPDATE: Fiscal Year 2022-23 registration fees were due Friday, July 1, 2022. Payments not received in our office or postmarked by the due date are assessed a 100% penalty. Most property owners may be eligible for a waiver of part or all of the penalty if their account is fully paid by August 30, 2022. For more information, please call (510) 981-7368 Ext 2 to reach our registration unit.
Original article begins below.
The deadline to pay Fiscal Year 2022-23 Registration fees is coming up soon!
Annual registration fees of $250 per fully covered unit and $150 per partially covered (Measure MM) unit are due Friday, July 1. If your payment is not received or postmarked by July 1, the Rent Ordinance imposes a100% penalty on any outstanding fee balance.
Questions about your billing statement?
Please call us at (510) 981-7368 (RENT) Ext. 2 or email us at email@example.com and a Registration Unit staff person will respond promptly to your inquiry.
Ways to pay and expanded payment drop off hours
Property owners can pay registration fees in the following ways:
- By check via U.S. Mail to: 2125 Milvia St., Berkeley, CA 94704
- By credit card or e-check via our online registration portal.
- Owners may drop off check or cash registration payments at the Berkeley Rent Board office M, T, TH & F from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. We are closed to the public on Wednesdays.
Expanded hours on Thursday, June 30 & Friday, July 1: Cash or check payments can be dropped off at the Rent Board office from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
In office payment procedures
If you wish to make a registration fee payment at the Rent Board during our open office hours, please note the following:
- Owners should have their payments ready for drop off prior to arrival at our office, preferably in the return envelope that arrived with your billing statement.
- Upon arrival at our office, owners will be directed to call Registration staff via our outside intercom. A receipt will be sent to owners via email or U.S. mail.
- Face coverings are required. Please do not come in to make a payment if you have a fever or are coughing.
- The Rent Board office remains closed for in-person counseling and other inquiries, but you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (510) 981-7368 (RENT). Please select Ext. 2 if you have questions about your billing statement, exemption claims, or any other registration-related questions.