Rent Board registration, eviction, and administrative forms, and sample forms/letters/checklists.
If you’re unsure whether you need forms for fully covered unit registration, or Measure MM registration forms for partially covered units, you may wish to review our Registration pages.
Registration Forms for Fully Covered/Rent-Controlled Units
Must be filed within 15 days after the start of a completely new tenancy, or after the last original occupants have departed.
For pre-1999 tenancies not previously reported to the Rent Board.
Report a change of ownership, mailing address, or status of a previously registered unit.
For units that have NEVER been registered with the Rent Board. If you are using this form to register a rental unit, you must ALSO file a VR.
Must be filed with an ARS when claiming an exemption of “owner-occupancy” for properties that are owned as a revocable living trust. (Rent Board Regulation 503(B).)
For use by landlords passing through a portion of the registration fee as authorized by the Rent Board to tenants whose tenancies started before 1/1/1999.
Measure MM Registration Forms for Partially Covered Units
To register a Measure MM unit that has never been registered with the Rent Board, change a unit's status, claim an exemption, or report a change of ownership/mailing address. If you are using this form to register a Measure MM unit for the first time, you must ALSO file a Tenancy Registration Statement.
To report initial tenancy information and annual updates.
Other Registration Forms
- Request for Certificate of Permissible Rent Level / Request for Advisory Determination form to confirm a rent-controlled unit's maximum lawful rent ceiling
- Berkeley Rent Board's Administrative Fee Schedule (Resolution 17-04)
- Request for Duplication of Rent Board Records (Hard Copy or Digital)
EVICTION FORMS & DOCUMENTS
SAMPLE FORMS/LETTERS & CHECKLISTS
- Information for Payment of Rent and Information for Services of Process, Notices, and Demands
- Lease Addendum for a future Costa-Hawkins increase after the last original tenant leaves
- Lease Addendum Prohibiting Smoking and Information on Smoking Prohibition
- Letter Notifying Tenant of Right to a Walk-Through Inspection
- Letter Informing Tenants of the Result of a Walk-Through Inspection
- Template Letter Providing 30-Day Notice of Intent to Vacate Unit
- Template Letter Notifying Landlord of New Address for Return of Security Deposit
- Template Letter to Landlord if Security Deposit Is Not Returned Within 21 Days of Last Original Tenant Vacating Unit
- Move-in/Move-out Checklist
- Notice of Rent Increase (30 days/90 Days) for the Annual General Adjustment
- En Español: Aviso de Aumento de Renta para el AGA
- Tenant Buyout Agreement Disclosure Form and Ordinance Information
LOOKING FOR FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE FORMS?
All Fair Chance Ordinance forms and literature are available on our Fair Chance Access to Housing Ordinance page.
LOOKING FOR PETITION FORMS?
All petition forms are available on our Petition Forms page.